Dress Code & Campus Uniforms
Dress Code Policies
The overall personal appearance of Gardena Valley Christian School students should be modest, neat, clean, well-groomed and appropriate for school. It should not be distracting or call attention to self. GVCS students and parents are held accountable for the following guidelines. To minimize problems with short skirts, tight fitting pants, etc. the following will be enforced.
- All students are required to wear standard uniform knit polo shirts manufactured by or identical to (no logos or insignias) ELDERWEAR, ROYAL PARK, OR K-12 GEAR.
- Uniform polos may be any solid color: short-sleeved or long-sleeved.
- Undershirt sleeves must not extend beyond the polo's sleeves.
- In cold weather, a solid-color long-sleeved shirt/turtleneck may be worn under polos.
- Shirt tails must be tucked in at all times. Shirts must be long enough to stay in.
- Polo shirt collars must be visible (may not be covered by sweater/sweatshirt).
- Shirts must be modest in fit, not tight fitting or over-sized, and long enough to stay tucked in.
Jackets, Sweaters, and Sweatshirts:
- No outer garment/shirt may be worn over polo shirts, except a coat, cardigan sweater, or official GVCS school sweatshirt.
- Coats, jackets, and cardigan sweaters may be any color but must open completely down the front.
- No pullovers may be worn except official GVCS sweatshirts. Half zippers are considered to be pullovers.
- GVCS Sweatshirts must be purchased from Campus Uniforms. Only official GVCS sweatshirts are allowed.
- All students are required to wear standard uniform navy blue lower apparel purchased from Campus Uniforms, “Elderwear” brand. (No “Dickies” or other brands).
- Boys and girls may wear slacks or walking shorts that are not baggy or tight fitting; waistband should not ride below the hip bones.
- Girls may also wear skirts, skorts, or jumpers. Shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers must be modest in fit and length, not altered or rolled to be shorter than manufactured.
- Belts in belt loops must be worn with pants and shorts (except kindergarteners).
- Polo shirts must be tucked in at all times while on the school campus.
- Torn, faded, baggy or tight-fitting clothing will not be allowed.
General Dress Code:
- To prevent injuries at school, supportive shoes and solid-colored socks must be worn at all times. Sandals, backless shoes, boots or other unsafe footwear are not permitted.
- Uniforms may NOT be accessorized with scarves, etc.
- Large necklaces and pocket chains may be worn at school. A small necklace may be worn but only on the inside of the shirt. No more than one (1) small bracelet may be worn.
- Torn, faded, baggy, low-riding, too short, or tight-fitting clothing will not be allowed.
- Tattoos, real or fake, are not permitted.
- Girls are allowed to wear stud-style earrings only. For safety, no hoops large enough to fit a finger through are allowed. Makeup, if worn, must be natural tones. Hair must be conservative style and a natural color. Girls must wear shorts under their skirts. Leggings, if worn, must be navy blue.
- Boys' hair should be a natural color, no longer than the top of the shirt collar, and may stand up no more than 2 inches. (no faux hawks, designs, etc.) Boys are not allowed to wear earrings.
- Only the official GVCS hats and beanies may be worn at school, only during childcare hours.
back to top
1724 Border Avenue
Torrance, CA 90501
Campus Uniforms is the official uniform company for GVCS. All “navy blue wear” must be the “Elderwear” brand and style sold by them. “Dickies” or other brands will not be acceptable. Uniforms are available for fitting and purchase on our campus during the summer and once each month during the school year. Parents may also visit the Campus Uniforms store.
Students out of dress code will be sent to the office and remain there until a parent can be contacted. The parents will be requested to bring appropriate clothing for their child to the school.