Get the Flash Player to see this player.
GVCS Library & Media Center
Visit our new Library website: LIBRARY.GVCS.NET and our new Online Catalog:
GVCS Library Information Packet.doc
GVCS Library & Media Center
Book Care | Rules, Policies & Procedures | Volunteer Opportunities | Summary of Fees & Services | Consent Form
- Put all borrowed books in your backpack as soon as you get them, or after reading them. Do not leave books on school grounds. Never let anybody have/borrow them.
- Keep all borrowed books dry and clean. Never leave books where they can get wet or dirty. Do not eat or drink while reading.
- Use a bookmark to mark your place in a book. Do not fold the corner or page of the book.
- Treat all books with care. Keep them in a safe place.
- Put away any pen or pencil before handling books. Do not write on the cover or pages of the book.
- Books are for reading; do not use books as a writing pad.
- Protect the book. Do not cut any pictures from or punch holes in any page of the book.
- Return all borrowed books on time. Check the due date at the back of each book. A late fee of $0.25 per day is applied for each overdue book. (See Fee Schedule for complete list of fees.)
- Return any book that has a tear or missing page, so it can be repaired by the Librarian.( Do NOT attempt to repair it yourself. Special materials are used for restoring and repairing the books.)
- Put books back in the Return Book Box/Basket after every use.
Library Rules, Policies and Procedures
Rules for Library Use
- Enter and exit the library quietly.
- WALK! Do not run.
- Give your library pass to the Librarian.
- Follow the Librarian's instructions the first time.
- Ask a Librarian if help is needed.
- Keep quiet at all times.
- Do not talk or makes noises while the Librarian is talking, teaching or reading aloud.
- Any conversation above a whisper is considered loud.
- Keep negative comments to yourself.
- Students in groups will be asked to separate or leave the Library when deemed a distraction to others.
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- No food or drink inside the Library.
- Return books in the Book Return Box/Basket.
- Make sure your table is clean and chair pushed in before leaving the Library.
- All books must be properly checked out by the Librarian.
- Students may borrow books during designated library class time, at lunch time, and during after-school hours.
- Students may check out books for 2 weeks and can renew or extend lending time
- Limits may be placed on the number of books allowed to be checked out.
- Book Due Notices are sent out every week to encourage students to return books and pay any late fees on time.
- Individual students may check out or return books, or conduct research at any time during the school day, as long as they have a pass or written permission from their teacher.**
Each student is responsible for the following:
- Checking Out Books
Do not let anyone borrow the books you just checked out from the library.
- Returning Books On Time
- Hand books to the Librarian on or before the due date.
- Deposit books in the Book Return Box/Basket located in and outside the Library.
- Hand books to any school office personnel and ask them to put the books in the Library mail slot if the Library is closed.
- Paying Overdue Fines
- Paying for Damaged or Lost Books
- Handling Books Well
Computer and Internet Rules
Consequences and Procedures
Return to Library main page
Find out more about Library Information
back to top
Online Library Book WishList
Favorite Books Lists
GVCS Library Events
- Fall Book Fair —
last week of October
- Spring Book Fair —
week of/ending on Open House
- Christmas Shop —
week after Thanksgiving